I so LOOOOOOOOOOVED the movie!!
I’m not a big fan of the show, I mean I like it and watch it, but I don’t go into too much show details (like I do on FRIENDS). The movie was wonderful – it was a long version of the TV show, which was great! I mean, it was like watching a marathon!
Michael Patrick King – was GOOOOOOOD!! I mean to transition from a TV show to a movie – he did a very good job!! The movie didn’t feel too long (it was almost!) but it was just alright. I think if you’re confined to have everyone’s story wrapping up in 2 hours – he did it fashionably great!
So, what were my favorite parts of the movie: (they come in no particular order)
WARNING: Spoilers ahead!!
- The gorgeous walk-in closet! I think most everyone will want that kind of closet! Paging Panget! I want that one too!!
- The Toss-Take fashion show! I loved how they kept the old dresses!!
- Seeing the 4 gals walk together!
- Did you see that fabulous Vivienne Westwood dress? I would love to have one that is just as fabulous! (but seeing her have a hard time getting in the car – it was quite a turn off) But it was beautiful on her! It was so Carrie!
- When Carrie hit Big (so many times!) with her bouquet! That was such a GREAT scene! I mean for all the pain and sufferings Carrie went through throughout the show (years).. It was what he deserved!! I can watch that scene so many times and not get tired of it! hahaha!!
- The look on Steve’s face when he admitted to having a one-night-stand. I can’t imagine what was going through his head as he did the scene. He was terrified and guilt-striken! It looked so ‘real’ for me
- The opening scene when Carrie was walking down the street.
- When Carrie was reading aloud the Love Letters. Ever thine, Ever mine, Ever ours. Now, that was powerful!
- At the rehearsal dinner when Samantha lashed out on Big’s partner! That scene was a winner!!
- I love love love the monologues!!
I think there are a lot more, I’d need to watch it again (believe me, it’s worth it!)
As for the parts that almost made me cry: (again, in no particular order)
- The part where Miranda said ‘You broke us’
- When Miranda and Steve got back together on the Brooklyn Bridge!
- The bouquet hitting scene! And the angered look of Charlotte?! I’ve never seen her that angry.
- When Big called the night before unable to explain what he was feeling. I knew it wasn’t going to happen.
- The Charlotte-Big-outside the restaurant scene – I so felt what Charlotte was going through (sans her water breaking!)
- Samantha letting go of Smith
I never realized how I much I missed seeing Miranda, Carrie, Charlotte and Samantha on screen till last night!! It saddened me a bit that this was THE last episode/ending – I wanted more! But can they still make more? Hmmm… I hope they can!!
Note: Need to bring Panget to watch this with me. Thanks Annie for the movie ‘date’!! 🙂
There’s one complaint though.. the editing – it was really bad, I mean really really really bad!! (Might have been the MTRCB’s working.. You’ll never know!)