Baby Back Ribs is something I am very intimidated to try to make at home. I don’t like wasting a good part of meat because I cooked it the wrong way. But since I had a LOT of time on my hands – why not try it!
My good friend K guided me and shared her rub. As for the BBQ sauce, I use Clara Ole’s Honey Mustard BBQ Sauce.
Making it was fairly easy because I just used the IP to soften the meat. Cheating, right? Well IP serves its purpose really and I love it! In just a short amount of time – it does its job, very very well.
BBQ Baby Back Ribs
1 slab of Baby Back Ribs
For the Rub, they don’t have measurements because that’s how real cooks are! Just kidding, well – I just winged it, and I’m sure so will you too! Mix them all together and rub on the pork ribs – coat them well
Lemon Pepper (I didn’t have this, but had a citrusy salt)
BBQ Sauce – any brand! I used Clara Ole’s Honey Mustard
OPTIONA – Ketchup and Sliced Onions + Garlic
1. Mix the dry rub and coat the meat properly
IF YOU WILL USE THE OVEN
2. a) Cover the meat in foil and bake for 2 hours at 275C
3. a) Take out of the oven, open – brush with BBQ sauce and bake for 10mins
IF YOU WILL USE AN INSTANT POT
2. b) Pour 1 cup of water in the IP, place the rack – if you don’t have a rack, device a makeshift rack – place the coated meat on a foil (don’t cover it!) put the lid, seal and press PRESSURE COOK for 30 minutes.
3. b) When cooking is done, do manual pressure release and take out the cooked meat VERY GENTLY and place it on an oven proof dish or tray, brush with BBQ sauce and bake in the oven for 10 to 15minutes.
I didn’t know it was this simple to do and make!!
Please let me know when you’ve tried this!!